Bathing with a dog in Lake Garda - Bau Beaches
Lake Garda is particularly dog-friendly and, with a few specially designed accommodations and swimming areas, offers everything for the perfect holiday with your dog.
At Lake Garda, there are some beaches where dogs are expressly permitted, so that they too can enjoy a refreshing swim, especially in the summer months.
These so-called "Bau Beaches" offer water points, garbage containers and sometimes also beach chairs and umbrellas for two and four-legged friends. These fenced beach areas are on Lake Garda in Peschiera del Garda, Salò, Toscolano Maderno, Manerba del Garda and Lake Ledro.
Peschiera del Garda: The paid beach area with shower facilities, umbrellas and chairs between Fornaci and Bergamini covers 1000 m². On the green bank with shady trees, dogs should be on a leash when taken to the beach, but in the water, there is no leash obligation.
Salò: In Salò, about 500 square meters of the public beach in Via Tavine is designed for dogs and equipped with water points, litter bins and park benches.
Toscolano Maderno: There is a free section of about 700 meters on Rivagranda beach, including a lifeguard, a kiosk, a water point and a play area for children and dogs.
Lake Ledro: At Lake Ledro in the district of Pur, a free fenced area for dogs, is next to the public beach.
Manerba del Garda: The fenced section of the beach is open from 8 am to 12 pm and from 2 pm to 7 pm in the summer. Admission is free. The newly established dog beach is west of the river Rio D'Avigo. Umbrellas and deck chairs, as well as mats for dogs, can be hired on site. There are also courses for dog training and education.
Beaches where dogs are allowed under certain conditions:
- Malcesine: Dogs are allowed on the public beaches of Val di Sogno and Campagnola.
- Torri del Benaco: On the public beach on the road to Pai and Garda, dogs are allowed if no other bathers are present.
- Garda: Prohibition of dogs is only valid in the presence of other bathers.
- Bardolino: Dogs are allowed on the public stretch of beach between Garda and Bardolino when no other bathers are present.
- Lazise: On the public beaches - the small section towards Peschiera and the square in front of the community campsite - dogs are allowed if the other bathers are not disturbed.
- Peschiera: All beaches have dog bans between May and September. The four-legged friends can take a refreshing dip in the river Mincio.
- Castelnuovo: Dogs are allowed on the public beach from Porto Campanello as far as Gardaland.
- Desenzano: Dogs are permitted only on the section between the beach Spiaggia d'Oro and the port of Rivoltella.
- Sirmione: Dogs must be on a leash when entering the beach. On some beach sections, however, there is a specific dog ban.
- Moniga: Dogs are permitted on the beaches of the Via Mazzane (on the side of the port) and the Via Preara (near the Camping Fontanelle).
- There is only one beach without a prohibition sign for dogs. This beach is on Viale Rimembranza, about 100 meters from Palazzo Feltrinelli.