Culinary delights at Lake Garda
The culinary traditions of Lake Garda are significantly influenced by the three neighbouring regions: Trentino in the north, Veneto on the east bank and Lombardy in the west.
This results in a diverse cuisine, which has a satisfying offer for almost every taste. Central to this diversity, however, is the delicious fresh fish, which can be found on virtually every menu.
From the Alpine region of Trentino, you will find the most hearty specialities, such as bacon or cheese dumplings, typical "Carne Salada" (thin slices of cured beef), polenta pork stew with porcini mushrooms, "strangolapreti" (spinach cakes), risotto or tagliatelle with wild mushrooms. The rich Trentino cuisine demands equally strong wines such as the exclusively red wines Teroldego and Marzemino.
While the cuisine of Veneto is much lighter, you will also find hearty home-cooked food among the culinary specialities of Lombardy. In Valeggio sul Mincio you should definitely try the traditional tortellini or the variation "Tortelli di Zucca", of pumpkin-filled dumplings.
The classic among the Gardasee wines is undoubtedly the Bardolino. You will find this internationally renowned, lovely and light wine in the wine-growing region of the city Bardolino and along the east coast.
There are many tasting opportunities where the local wineries and restaurants will invite you in to try their fare. It's a tasty way to get familiar with the culinary delights and typical products of Lake Garda in all its diversity.
Countless restaurants around Lake Garda are busy preparing all of these delicacies for you. Whether it's modern and directly at the lake or rustic and inland between the grapevines, you are spoiled for choice. Enjoy the feast!
- Olives, dried tomatoes and pickled vegetable are delicious snacks and perfect to enjoy at the typical Italian aperitif.
- The restaurants and hotels at Lake Garda offer Mediterranean specialities and delicious fish dishes.
- The superb pasta dish originally comes from Valeggio sul Mincio and is today prepared with different types of fillings in nearly every restaurant.
- Enjoy typical products and delicious specialities of the Lake Garda region!
- Restaurant at the port
- Table with italian food
- Traditional Cuisine in Veneto
- Frittata with asparagus and zucchini
- Each morning, a well-tasting coffee is ideal to start your day at Lake Garda.