Canyoning at Lake Garda
Ice-cold water, roaring waterfalls, steep rocks and breezy suspension bridges: this is not for the faint-hearted. Canyoning is solely reserved for daredevils! It's pure adventure in rugged gorges, and at Lake Garda, it's becoming more and more in demand.
The hot spots for canyoning on the lake are located in the north and northwest. The rough mountains are the ideal terrain. Experienced canyoning guides lead you to the most beautiful and exciting ravines. They know exactly where to go and will lead you safely through the rocky territory. Equipped with a helmet, wetsuit and non-slip shoes you can discover the most hidden corners in the canyons.
Specific skills are needed in canyoning, and you shouldn't have any fear of ice-cold water. You swim in raging mountain streams, jump into waterfalls, cross shallow, crystal-clear lakes and sometimes you have to abseil from some pretty high ledges. There's certainly no place for fear of heights with canyoning!
The following streams, rivers and gorges are used for canyoning tours:
- Torrent Brentino
- Lower Toscolano
- Upper Toscolano
- Torrente Albola
- Torrente Baes
- Vajo dell'Orsa
- Rio Nero
- Torrente Aviana
If you are interested in canyoning, you can contact the following providers:
- Canyon Adventures, Torbole sul Garda
- Skyclimber, Tremosine
- Outdoor Adventure Company pianeta, Costermano
- In the North and Northwest of Lake Garda, there are ideal conditions for this exciting sport.
- Canyoning is an exciting adventure and not suitable for persons suffering from acrophobia.
- The environs of Lake Garda are ideal for canyoning- The exciting sport promises adventures and physical challenges.
- With experienced guides and the suitable equipment, canyoning at Lake Garda will be a very special holiday experience.