Asparagi alla Veneta
The Italian food culture is diverse, colourful and sociable. It can last for hours, especially on warm summer evenings.
A complete menu usually consists of:
- Aperitivo (mostly alcoholic drinks with small snacks or tapas)
- Antipasto (appetisers from regional specialities)
- Primo Piatto (1st course: pasta, risotto, soup or other delicacies)
- Secondo Piatto (2nd course: Meat or fish).
- Dessert or Finale (regional dessert or ice cream, fresh fruit or cheese) You can also order all four!
After eating, an espresso helps with digestion, or you can order a digestive like grappa or limoncello, depending on the region.
If you are looking for a starter or an antipasto for your Lake Garda menu, you will find this recipe a particularly light and healthy dish. The main ingredient is asparagus. Asparagus is celebrated in May in Cavaion Veronese at Bardolino, Lake Garda and in Pastrengo with various celebrations and an award going to the best.
Recipe for four persons:
- 700 g green or white asparagus
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon of wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of freshly grated pepper
Cook the cleaned asparagus in salted water. Peel the eggs and mix with vinegar, oil, salt and pepper until a creamy sauce is produced. Garnish the asparagus with the sauce and enjoy in good company with white wine.